Professional Development Awards (PDAs)
Leadership & Management:
Professional Development Awards in Management and Leadership are short focused awards made up of two Units. The PDAs range from SCQF level 6 (Higher) to SCQF level 11 (Masters) and are jointly certificated with the Chartered Management Institute (CMI). These are designed to develop knowledge, skills and understanding of the principles of management. They are not just relevant to employees already in management positions, but also those aspiring to a managerial role.
The suite of PDAs is made up of SVQ Units (Competency Suite). These develop knowledge and understanding, but also allow candidates to demonstrate occupational competence in a range of management activities through proof of actual performance in the workplace.
Sandy Miller (Development) offers the following PDAs in Leadership and Management :awarded by SQA:
- PDA in Managing Self and the Work of Others at SCQF Level 7
- PDA in Leadership and Management of the Work of Others at SCQF Level 7
- PDA in Leadership at SCQF Level 8
- PDA in Managing Finances at SCQF Level 8
- PDA in Managing Projects and Business Processes at SCQF Level 9
- PDA in Planning and Implementing Change at SCQF Level 9
- PDA in Leading Change at SCQF Level 9
- PDA in Strategic Leadership at SCQF Level 11
Assessment and Verification:
These PDAs are designed to formally accredit staff who are responsible for ensuring compliance with in-house and/or nationally recognised competence standards.
Sandy Miller(Development) offers the following Assessment & Verification PDAs:
- Professional Development Award (PDA) in Assess Workplace Competence Using Direct Methods
- Professional Development Award (PDA) in Assess Workplace Competence Using Direct and Indirect Methods
- Professional Development Award (PDA) in Internally Monitor and Maintain the Quality of Workplace Assessment